Tattoo

Tattoo
My back

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Teen Fashion, Body Piercing and Tattooing

Everytime I search tattoo's and piercings I find a lot of the same information relating to teen's being more involved at such younger ages. After reading this article I realize how true it is. I heard kids under the age of 18 talking about getting or already having tattoo's and piercings. I got my first tattoo at 15 but when I got mine, they weren't popular to get at such a young age. Now everyone has them whether their 14, 18, or 21. The more tattoo's on younger people I see are getting trashier and very stupid. My ex boyfriends dad just let his 14 year old brother get the monster energy drink "M" tattooed on him. What parent in their right mind would sign for a child to get that tattooed on them? I have saw anything from play boy bunnies to girlfriend or boyfriends names. I understand if a child finds a way to get the tattoo without their parents signing for them, then the parent can take action but what about these parent's who are signing for their children to get tattoo's like that? The kids are in high school! Yes, I know some couples last forever but why would you want to get their name tattooed on your body at such a young age?
I know that teenagers do crazy things and majority of the time don't think about what their doing before they do it or they think it's something cool to do. Many teens are also followers so if their crowd of friends are doing it, they should too. In high school kids go by what's in style, the cool color to dye their hair to be different, ways to cut or style their hair, the clothes they wear, or the things they do such as smoking, drinking and doing drugs. Clothing, hair cuts, and hair dye come and go, its fixable. Smoking, drinking and doing drugs is something a parent always has to worry about their children getting into but tattoo's don't come off. Once they are put on your body, theirs no way to fully go back and get rid of it. You can cover it up or try to get it removed but somehow or another it will always remain.
Parent's need to think about what their letting their children do. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing to let your child get a tattoo at a young age but make sure it's something their never going to regret. I got stars on my lower back when I was 15. Do I regret it now? No, but you can't see it unless I have a swim suit on and I love stars so as of now it doesn't bother me. Will it bother me when I;m an older person? Possibly but like I said you can't see it unless I have a swim suit on so it can always be covered.

http://www.theparentreport.com/resources/ages/teen/behavior/100.html

1 comment:

  1. I remember the tattoos that the kids in my high school had and some of them were just done right ridiculous. My mom took me to get my tongue pierced when I was 16 and even got hers done with me but I was 16 and you can take out a piercing. I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 18. I definitely wasn't happy with it and got it touched up soon after I got it done. People really should wait to make sure it's what they want. And NO ONE should get a boyfriends/girlfriends name on them. Not even a husband or wife's.

    ReplyDelete